Some individuals expect to walk in our office and out of our office with their hearing aids on the same day. Unfortunately, this is not how it works. You can expect the hearing aid selection process to look something like the following:
1. Complete a hearing test to rule out need for surgical intervention and identify how much hearing loss you have.
2. Discuss test results and introduce hearing aids. If time allows, (during your first appointment) we will program a pair of hearing aids to your loss, let you wear them in office, discuss hearing aids, and discuss your financing options.
3. If time does not allow or if you need time to discuss the test results with your spouse/friends/family it is perfectly acceptable to schedule the hearing aid consultation step for another day.
4. Once an order is submitted we will schedule you for a hearing aid fitting day where we will actually give you the hearing aids that you will be able to call yours. During this appointment we will teach you how to use and care for your devices, discuss warranty information, and teach you how the hearing aid works.
5. The final step in the process is to return for follow up visits. Follow up visits are crucial to your understanding the devices, feeling comfortable with them, and maximizing their performance! During these visits we increase the hearing aid volume so that they are perfectly prescribed to your hearing loss and do our best to answer any questions you have about your hearing aid. These visits are FREE and included in your purchase so we encourage you to take full advantage of them.